Train For a Half Marathon & Support La Casa
Starting Saturday, July 20!
The training program launches on Saturday, July 20th at 9:30am at Presidio Sports Basement and culminates with your completion of the San Jose Rock N Roll Marathon on October 6, 2013 OR The Nike Womens Marathon on October 13, 2013.
What Does Joining Team La Casa Mean?
- Three weekly professionally coached workouts: Tuesdays at 6:30 pm (maintenance run), Thursdays at 6:30 pm (bootcamp or speedwork), and Saturdays at 9:30 am (long run)
- A fashion forward technical training shirt
- A twice weekly email newsletter supporting your training
- A comprehensive training schedule to get you to and thru 13.1 miles
- Chomps, GU,and Roctane provided by GU Energy to fuel your run
- Clinics/Seminars with PSOAS Massage+Bodywork, MV Nutrition, and more to keep you in running shape
- Team social events (bar nights, team dinners, etc.)
- 100+ fun teammates!
- Supporting San Francisco’s safety net for women and children
There is no fee to join Team La Casa, but participants are asked to commit to fundraise a minimum of $1000 for La Casa before or during the training program. Don’t worry: you will be provided with a personal fundraising website, a comprehensive fundraising strategy book as well as a week by week fundraising plan to achieve or exceed the fundraising goal. Still worried? You can do it!
Thanks to our partnership with Marathon Matt, Team La Casa has USATF/RRCA certified coaches to help you every step of the way. Matt’s program includes multiple training levels from beginner to advanced. Even if you’ve never run more than a couple miles, Matt and his team can have you in half marathon shape by the end of the season!
Don’t think you can handle the training?
Check out Matt’s ‘beginner’s guide’ to the half marathon.
Still not sure?
Check out the sample week of training.
Maybe you need to hear what other people have to say about training with Matt?
Check out Marathon Matt on Yelp.
Do you have questions or concerns about the fundraising or other aspects of the program?
Check out the Team La Casa FAQs.
Ready to join? Sign up now here!
Additional questions or concerns? Email Matt at