Past Event: Celebrating 35 Years
35 Years of Transforming Lives Celebration
Thursday, August 23, 2012
6:00pm - 8:00pm
Fairmont San Francisco
On August 23rd La Casa de las Madres welcomed 200 guests to the Fairmont Hotel’s Crown Room to champion 35 Years of Transforming Lives. Raising over $80,000 the event committee led by, Lisa Polacci and Michelle Zauss, launched a two-year campaign to inspire and deepen community engagement. 1000 Voices Strong speaks to everyone who has felt helpless, without a voice, or somewhere to turn. Over 35 years, countless times, La Casa has been that refuge or advocate.
View event photos by Arrowood and Verizon.
All proceeds of the event support California’s oldest domestic violence shelter and unwavering domestic violence advocate – La Casa de las Madres. La Casa provides expert intervention and prevention services to more than 60,000 San Francisco community members each year, offering emergency residential shelter and community-based support services to local victims and survivors of domestic violence. La Casa’s Drop In Center is a central hub for counseling, advocacy and assistance addressing the unique needs of older adults, women, and children at each step of their journey towards safety and healing. It also houses 24-hour Teen and Adult Hotlines, La Casa’s Teen Program, and Community Education and Outreach Program. Off-site La Casa runs the Emergency Shelter, Domestic Violence Response Team, Safe Havens Project, Permanent Housing Resident Support Program, and Safe Housing Project. All of La Casa’s services are multilingual, free of charge and confidential.
Couldn’t attend? Here are other ways you can show support:
- Make a pledge: Show your support for La Casa and its work by donating monthly.
- Share on Facebook: Share your support of the 35th celebration on Facebook with friends – click here.
- Tweet about it: Share your support of the 35th celebration on Twitter – use the hashtag #lacasa35th or click here.
- Share it on LinkedIn: Share your support of the 35th celebration with your professional network on LinkedIn click here.
35 Years Transforming Lives Sponsorship
Premier, Verizon Wireless, bebeCares, E*TRADE Financial, Kaiser Permanente, LEVI Strauss & Co., Macy’s, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Union Bank
ABC7, Loud Dog, 7×7
Additional and In-kind Sponsors
Arrowood Photography, Blueprint Studios, Classic Party Rentals, Carmen and Matt Daniel, Gilmore & Associates, Linda Leary/Reliable Caregivers, Michael Daigian Design, Morgan Events, ONEHOPE Wine, San Francisco Giants, Synchronicity Strings
- Edwin M. Lee, Mayor of San Francisco
- Dianne Feinstein, United States Senator
- Katharine Berg
- Kathy Black
- Morgan Doan
- Christine Omata
- Lisa Polacci, Committee Co-Chair
- Jodi Wing
- Michelle Zauss, Committee Co-Chair