The 2016 redHOT* party celebrates 40 years of transformational service
A big thank you to all attendees and supporters of La Casa de las Madres’ annual redHOT* party, it was a giant success! With the help of our sponsors, an amazing time was had celebrating La Casa’s 40th anniversary at The Green Room. La Casa was especially honored to have California State Senator, Mark Leno presenting a resolution supporting La Casa’s efforts to end domestic violence to co-founder, Sonia Melara, and Executive Director, Kathy Black.
With over 350 attendees — spanning young to established professionals, civic and government leaders, and supportive community members – the party was a success, and a wonderful time was had by all! Queen of Bay Area Radio and La Casa supporter Christie James was our returning emcee, and we welcomed back DJ shOOey and DJ Shissla to spin some funky grooves for the dance party.
The live and silent auction featured items from prestigious restaurants, vineyards, and experiences from across the Bay Area and beyond. Enticing highlights included:
- Three night stay at the Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre in beautiful British Columbia, including airfare for two from Alaska Airlines.
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes tour for six at ABC7 News led by broadcast journalist Cheryl Jennings followed by lunch at Perry’s.
- Four night stay for up eight people at a custom ocean view vacation home in Pacific Beach, CA.
- A catered four-course dinner party for six by esteemed Bay Area chef Karen Alvey.
- Two night stay at the luxurious Boca Raton Resort & Club in Boca Raton, FL.
A huge thank our La Casa Ambassadors who stepped up to help end domestic violence by raising awareness of La Casa de las Madres and the redHOT* party.
2016 La Casa Ambassadors: Barbara Bagot-López, Maria Bee, Katharine Berg, Jessica Burdman, Maria Gutierrez, Lorraine Mautner, Deyanira Medina, Christine Omata, Carolyn Tsai, & Michelle Zauss